Monday, February 23, 2009

Policy makes higher education a waste!

A few days ago, in a post, "Higher Education, Isn't it a waste?", which stated the folks getting in to the trouble, while higher education commission gets in to severe crisis after a cutoff in the budget. In a response to this post, few of my friends quoted it as a rubbish, that how can be the higher education a waste for the country, what actually is the reason that the higher education seems a waste to me. I would suggest that I am also in confidence that in Pakistan, the policies followed are most of the dumb shit. e.g. when higher education is being debated today, who cares about the primary and the secondary education. Millions of Dollars are being spent for the scholarships and the research purposes, but the conditions of the standard in the government schools and even in the most of the privately operated schools is pity. I would quote the conditions of the working days in primary education, if is average, the primary schools are operating for only 72 days in a year academically. I don't know how can students of such systems can be a better option for the higher education.

One of my friend wrote here that, "I fully agree isn't it a waste., better to have more ministers and people have the status of minister rather than giving scholarships to deserving students", for that my brother, I would only say that I am also not in favor of having a clone of ministers roaming here and there, with nothing to do, just like same I am also not interested and would not like to see a clone of Ph.D's wandering here and there in this country, like many of other unemployed young graduates, where the research institutions, laboratories and universities have nothing to do any thing. I have witnessed many professors just practicing a campus politics and kitty parties, as they don't have any work to do, because the laboratories and research facilities doesn't exist. I am only saying that, "Isn't it a waste, that existing professionals are doing nothing, and suppose many are yet to come!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment